Here at the Gap o’the North Hill Walking Club we are getting behind the “Tidy Ring of Gullion Week” initiative!
This evening a few of our members lifted the rubbish from the car park at the bottom of Jonesborough Hill, at the Old Church and Graveyard entrance. One hour later…
5 black bin bags of rubbish, a tyre, a bumper and more…
We return to walking as a Club this weekend and we will aim to leave the hills cleaner than we find them by picking up what litter we find on our routes.
Why not follow our principle and… take nothing but photos… leave nothing but footprints!
A reminder to all members of our “Virtual Social Event” tomorrow evening,
(a link to the Zoom event was emailed to all members last week).
Join us to hear Lauren O’ Malley recount her many adventures.
“She believed she could, so she did”…
Her long list of accomplishments include:
- several high altitude treks including to the North Face Base Camp on Everest.
- Base camp manager and the only female member of the Irish 2005, K2 expedition.
- Technical ice climbs in Scotland and South America,
- the grueling “Marathon des Sables” in 2017
- Kilimanjaro in 2018.
- The “North Channel Swim” as part of a relay team in 2019 and
- the 1st person to swim the length of Carlingford Lough 2020.
We look forward to meeting up with all our members on an evening of adventure as we await the date for reopening and… let the “Gap dreams” begin!
The GOTN would like to wish all our members and everyone a Happy New Year, enjoy your time with family ❤. We look forward to see you all in a few weeks! 🙏👏❤🍾⛰
So no Gap walks will be arranged until at least end of January, but it must be done to keep our community safe ❤.
Keep in touch with each other. Enjoy your Christmas, be thankful, but keep it safe for others 🌲⛰🌲❤
Advice to clubs – Covid-19