Covid-19 safety –
For the present, walk groups to be limited numbers for members only.
Members are reminded to bring all snacks with them. (No sharing of sweets/snacks on the hills)
Members are asked to bring hand sanitizer and a face mask in their bag. Face masks are in case of an emergency on the mountain and social distancing is not an option.
Prior to walking each person should consider the following questions and should not walk if they answer Yes to any of the following:
- Have you travelled outside of Ireland in the past 14 days to any county that is not on the quarantine-free list?
- Have you had any symptoms of Covid in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has Covid in the past 14 days?
- Remember the 2 meter social distance applies to the hills also.
- Each one of use has the responsibility to protect our selves and others.
Must have to walk with our club –
- Fully water proof and breathable coat
- Warm layers of clothing (no cotton)
- Proper Mountain boots with a good deep tread
- Suitable walking trousers, definitely no jeans.
- Warm Hat
- Lunch and a flask of hot drink.
- Bottle of water
- Rucksack to carry it all in with either individual dry bags or a big plastic bag liner inside keeping everything dry. Highly Recommended
- Gaiters and Walking sticks strongly recommended.
- Water proof and wind proof over trousers strongly recommended
- A sit-mat, for the lunch stop.
****Each one of use has the responsibility to protect our selves and others*****