Hi! anyone not booked on the bus tomorrow will not be able to go as the bus is full 😀. Due to the high winds we will be staying lower down than normal. But expect equally beautiful views ⛰⛰⛰. See you at 10am Gap o’the North Pub Jonesborough.
This is a good time to remind everybody of what you must have to walk with our club.
It will most likely still be very windy and cold so you must have the following gear:
- Fully water proof and breathable coat
- Warm layers of clothing (no cotton)
- Proper Mountain boots with a good deep tread
- Suitable walking trousers, definitely no jeans.
- Warm Hat
- Gloves or Mits
- Extra layers of warm clothing , fleece for example in your bag
- Lunch and a flask of hot drink.
- Bottle of water
- Rucksack to carry it all in with either individual dry bags or a big plastic bag liner inside keeping everything dry. Highly Recommended
- Gaiters and Walking sticks strongly recommended.
- Water proof and wind proof over trousers strongly recommended
- A sit-mat, for the lunch stop.