A reminder to all members of our “Virtual Social Event” tomorrow evening,
(a link to the Zoom event was emailed to all members last week).
Join us to hear Lauren O’ Malley recount her many adventures.
“She believed she could, so she did”…
Her long list of accomplishments include:
- several high altitude treks including to the North Face Base Camp on Everest.
- Base camp manager and the only female member of the Irish 2005, K2 expedition.
- Technical ice climbs in Scotland and South America,
- the grueling “Marathon des Sables” in 2017
- Kilimanjaro in 2018.
- The “North Channel Swim” as part of a relay team in 2019 and
- the 1st person to swim the length of Carlingford Lough 2020.
We look forward to meeting up with all our members on an evening of adventure as we await the date for reopening and… let the “Gap dreams” begin!