It’s that time again our annual trip away!! Friday 11th to Sunday 13th to Glendalough Wicklow. Friday 11th bus will departing from Gap O’North Pub at 3pm…. We need to beat the traffic so if you are not there we will be leaving without you!! All those who are going will receive details in an email. Parking is restricted, please park in field at back of pub or church car park.
There will be no Sunday walk from the Gap this weekend, our next walk will be Sunday 27th Oct Cooley/Blue Cross.
Kitting Yourself Out
- Deep threaded ankle supporting boots (a must)
- A heavy pair of socks
- Trousers that are made from a material that will dry out quickly (not jeans0
- Gaiters are great for keeping the bottom of your trousers dry and keeping vegetation out of your boots.
- On top you should build up on layers, so you can put on or take off an needed.
- A base layer should be made from breathable material, the next layer should be a type of fleece, then a waterproof coat on top (a windcheater or plastic mac is not good enough)
- A hat to keep your head warm.
- Good to have a pair of water resistant gloves (not woollen)
What To Take With Your On A Walk
- A rucksack, you should line this with a heavy plastic bag.
- You should at the very least carry a spare base layer (stored in the liner to keep dry).
- Your should also be able to carry your coat, hat and gloves in the liner.
- Liquids should be packed outside the liner ad should be easily accessible.
- Everyone must carry a packed lunch.
- It is recommended that all walkers carry a stick to aid balance.
Four Further information visit www.gaponorth.co.uk There are some very useful Do’s and Don’ts and the kitting yourself out page.